Tuesday, 1 June 2010

A busy few days.

 

I was out tending my garden one morning when I was hailed by a passer by. This was Daniel Wang. We chatted for a while at the side of the road, but he was in a hurry. As he left, he mentioned that the store in town had been looking for a new produce supplier, and I shoud check it out sometime.









Talking of gardening, I upgraded my sprinkler. It wasn't as easy as repairing the sink, and took me a long time, but at least I no longer have to water my plants myself. This means I get more time to paint.







I tried my hand at a more traditional landscape, it didn't look all that good to me when I finished it, but I still managed to find a buyer. Every penny helps at the moment.







All that practice paid off. My first 'Brilliant' painting. It's worth more than anything I've ever painted before, but I just can't sell this one. I do wish I had a proper wall to put it on tho. One day, one day.






WooHoo! I was promoted today to Shopping Music DJ! This came with a bonus that let me buy a stove. At last, I can actually cook at home. Here I am cooking up my first batch of pancakes. I hope they turn out allright.






And my second triumph this week. On the eve of my birthday too. I sold a few more paintings, and took Daniels' tip about the local store and sold all of the garden produce I had stored up. This allowed me to finally call the contractors in and get the foundations laid. Only one room so far, but I'm out of that nastly loft (which we demolished) and can start to see how the
lot will develop much more clearly.


And for a final bonus this week I won the lottery. It's not a big amount of cash though - but something much more useful. No more bills, ever, for life! Now everything I earn can go into the house. All I need to do now is find a husband, however, I don't think it's going to be Odin - whom I met whilst admiring a flower display in town. His nose is bound to be genetic....

No comments:

Post a Comment