Saturday, 22 May 2010
The Bad, and the Good.
I have just had one of those days. You know, the really bad ones. I came home from work - it was a late finish as we had a stock take, and whilst washing up, my sink broke and sprayed water everywhere. I so tired, I couldn't stay awake long enough to fix it, so went to bed amidst the sound of gushing water.
I nearly dragged my bed out into the yard to get away from it, but just didn't have the energy. A couple of hours later I was awakened by a strange noise. I called the police, but it was too late! A burglar stole my wonderful new shower. I was heartbroken. The policewoman was very nice, but arrived just too late. I didn't have an alarm, so couldn't claim insurance either.
It couldn't get much worse, but it did get a whole lot better. One of my neighbours, Jon, saw me painting in the yard and invited me over. Whilst we were there he commissioned a painting from me. We spent a couple of hours sorting out what he wanted and then I ran home to start painting.
And here it is, "Watermelon and Banana en Bleu". I took it over to Jons' straight away and he loved it so much he paid me in cash! I went straight down to the hardware store and replaced my shower. It's just so nice to be able to clean up at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment