Friday, 13 August 2010

Where did my life go?

I swear that my primary trait should be absentmindedness, I've neglected to update you all for so long and soo much has happend. First off, I'm married! I know, me, married! The words don't quite fit together somehow. 
It was so much of a whirlwind romance that we didn't even get any wedding or honeymoon pictures. Somehow we did end up with some pictures just before I was about to give birth to our first daughter, Juniper, Don just kept dancing around in an abolute panic which did not help one bit!
Luckily he eventually get around to calling a taxi to take me to the hospital and as all was well in the end, I can't really complain.
It took a few hours, but Juniper did finally put in an appearance and all three of us eventually made it home in one piece. We spent the next part of our lives balancing work, staying awake and keeping baby happy. I have never been so exhausted in all of my life, Don struggled too, but we really wouldn't have it any other way. We've had to do a little bit of expansion around the house, but Don's job in the army is gradually allowing us to save properly to make the
improvements we needed. 

Looking back it seems that almost as soon as we did get her home from the hospital that our wonderful baby girl turned into a sparkly todder.

 Bald at birth, the poor thing seems to take more after Don's side of the family than mine at the moment, we were soon teaching her to toddle around on her own, use the potty (god that thing stinks), and to talk. Don taught her to read and she loves playing with her logic box and xylephone - though a part of me wishes she wouldn't bang on it quite so loudly. As they say, time flies, and it wasn't long before it was time to move the outside and celebrate another birthday.
 


Yay, my baby girl has hair at last!






She's a very social little girl, and although she's not very good with her minibake oven yet, she insists on at least trying to sell them to the neighbours. One thing she does keep asking is when she's going to have a little brother or sister. I don't think it will be too long now....






No comments:

Post a Comment